Booth Library Periodicals List - A searchable listing of all of newspapers and periodicals owned or accessible to Booth Library patrons, print titles link to the call number and holdings information and electronically accessible titles provide the database name and coverage information
Online Newspaper Resources
- African American Newspapers: The 19th Century
Topics: Fulltext Articles | African-American Newspapers | 1800`s
- American Popular Entertainment Collection Open Access
Historic newspapers and trade journals published for the entertainment industry in the US between 1853 and 1929. These works include trade perspectives, features, and travel information on vaudeville, music performance, burlesque, and other popular forms of entertainment of the period.
- Charleston Times-Courier Open Access
Archive of the Charleston Times-Courier and the Mattoon Journal Gazette.
- Chicago Defender (Historical)
Fulltext articles | 1910-1975
- Chicago Tribune
Fulltext Articles | 1985 to the present
- Chicago Tribune (Historical)
Fulltext Articles | 1849-1990
- Chronicle of Higher Education
Provides complete access to the Chronicle of Higher Education including all articles published since September 1989.
- Chronicling America Open Access
Selected Fulltext Newspaper Pages | California | District of Columbia | Florida | Kentucky | Minnesota | Nebraska | New York | Texas | Utah | Virginia | 1836 to 1922
- Civil War: A Newspaper Perspective
Topics: Fulltext Articles | New York Herald | Charleston Mercury | Richmond Enquirer | November 1, 1860 to April 15, 1865
- Collegiate Chronicle Collection Open Access
Selected Historical College Newspapers | Eagle from American University | Hoya from Georgetown University |F&M College Reporter from Lancaster | Lincolnian from Oxford | Weekly Gettysburgian from Gettysburg, Pennsylvania | Ithacan from Ithaca College in New York
- Daily Eastern News Archive Open Access
Fulltext Articles | 1960-Present | Citations Indexed From 1914 to Present
- Daily Eastern News Online Open Access
The Daily Eastern News is produced by the students of Eastern Illinois University. It is published daily Monday through Friday in Charleston, Ill. during fall and spring semesters and online during the summer.
- Farm, Field and Fireside Collection Open Access
Historically significant U.S. farm weeklies published in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries
- Illinois Digital Newspaper Collection Open Access
Historic Illinois Newspapers | 1831-1975 | Urbana Daily Courier | Sangamo Journal | University of Illinois collegiate newspaper The Daily Illini | And More
- Lexis-Nexis, Academic
Now "Nexis UNI" platform. Same content, new experience.
- New York Times (1980-present)
Lexis-Nexis provides the full text of articles from the New York Times.
- New York Times (Historical)
Fulltext Articles | 1851-2010
- Newspaper Library, University of Illinois Open Access
Search for newspaper holdings at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the "World`s Largest University Newspaper Library."
- Newspaper Source/EBSCO
Fulltext Articles | U. S and International Newspapers
- Nexis Uni (formerly Lexis-Nexis Academic) Research Help
Newspapers | Business, Political, Social, Entertainment Topics | Legal Research | Case Law | Law Reviews | Corporate Information | New Functionality | Set Individual Profile | Collaborative Work space | Shared Folders | Annotate Documents
- Pennsylvania Gazette, 1728-1800
Published in Philadelphia from 1728 through the early 1800`s | Benjamin Franklin`s Newspaper | Firsthand View of Colonial America
- Times (London) Digital Archive
Fulltext Articles | 1785-1985
- World Newspapers Open Access
Fulltext Articles | Current Newspapers from Around the World