- A Vision Of Britain Through Time Open Access
Historical surveys | How the country and its localities have changed
- ACS Style Guide
Guide for citing materials in American Chemical Society (ACS) style.
- Ad*Access Open Access
Presents images and database information for over 7,000 advertisements printed in U.S. and Canadian newspapers and magazines between 1911 and 1955.
- Administration for Children & Families. Children's Bureau (U. S. Dept. of Health & Human Services) Open Access
Reports | Statistics | Adoption | Foster Care | Child Abuse | Neglect
- Advertising Age Open Access
Advertising Age is one of the most well-known advertising publications. The website has far more than just the magazine articles and is a research destination in itself. This is an important site for anyone interested in advertising.
- AdViews: A Digital Archive of Vintage Television Commercials Open Access
A free digital archive of television commercials from the 1950`s to the 1980`s. The materials on this web site are made available for use in research, teaching and private study. Although the material on this web site is publicly accessible for the limited purposes described above, some material is not in the public domain. Copyright in specific materials may be owned by Duke University, by another institution, or by an individual. Each collection may have specific copyright information and usage rules.
- AgingStats.gov Open Access
U. S. Government Information | Key indicators of well-being for Older Americans
- All Business Open Access
- American Association of Community Theatre Open Access
The American Association of Community Theatre (AACT) is the national voice of community theatre, representing the interests of its members and over 7,000 theatres across the U.S. and with the armed forces overseas.
- American Nurses Association Book Collection
Includes Scope And Standards of Practice books from the American Nurses Association.
- American Society for Theatre Research Open Access
The American Society for Theatre Research (ASTR), established in 1956, provides an organization and public voice for theatre scholars and promotes the cause of theatre as a field for serious scholarly study and research.
- APA Dictionary of Psychology
Psychology | Clear and Authoritative Definitions
Subset of WorldCat helpful for Identifying Collections Held in Archives | Historical Documents | Personal Papers | Family Histories
- Artslynx International Theatre Resources Open Access
Information on production histories, books, design, technical theater, costumes, and acting for theater students, actors and designers.
- Asian American Religious Cultures
Traditional belief systems | Buddhism | Confucianism |Hinduism | Islam | Micronesian and Polynesian religious traditions in the United States | Culture and religious rituals of Asian American Christians.
- Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorders Sourcebook
Symptoms | Assessment | Diagnosis | Early Interventions | Including Speech Language Therapies
- AWP Official Guide to Writing Programs Open Access
Creative writing programs | Descriptions
- Bulfinch's Mythology Open Access
Thomas Bulfinch's ageless volumes on Western mythology and fables of the ages.
- Buros Test Reviews Online Open Access
Provides a way to identify test reviews included in the Mental Measurements Yearbooks located in the Reference Room Ref. Z5814.P8 R93
- Business.usa.gov Open Access
- Census of Agriculture Historical Archive Open Access
Public archive of Census publications published prior to 1987.
- Center for Media and Public Affairs Open Access
The Center for Media and Public Affairs (CMPA) is a nonpartisan research and educational organization which conducts scientific studies of news and entertainment media. CMPA's goal is to provide an empirical basis for ongoing debates over media coverage and impact through well-documented, timely, and readable studies.
- Center for Public Integrity: Investigative Journalism in the Public Interest Open Access
The mission of the Center for Public Integrity is to produce original, responsible investigative journalism to make institutional power more transparent and accountable.
- ChemIDplus Open Access
free access to structure and nomenclature authority files used for the identification of chemical substances cited in National Library of Medicine databases. Click here for more info.
- ChildStats.gov Open Access
U. S. Government Information | Key national indicators of child well-being
- Chronicle of Higher Education : Facts & Figures
Higher Education | Statistics | Information | Trends
- CompPile Open Access
Bibliography | Post-secondary composition & rhetoric
- Congress.gov Open Access
Official website for U.S. federal legislative information | Track Legislation | Congressional Information | Replaces Thomas.gov
- Contemporary Postcolonial & Postimperial Literature in English Open Access
Still underconstruction, this site offers backgraound and biographical information on postcolonial authors.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
Authoritative resource consisting of tables of data and current international recommendations on nomenclature, symbols, and units, its usefulness spans not only the physical sciences but also related areas of biology, geology, and environmental science
- Decades Resources Open Access
Lists multiple reference sources detailing American history by the decade.
- Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online
- Dissertations and Theses (WorldCat)
Over 8 million records representing all dissertations, theses and published material based on theses and dissertations cataloged in WorldCat.
- DiversityDataKids.org Open Access
National, integrated information source | Statistics | Who our children are | What our children need | How to improve opportunities for all children
- Doing Business Open Access
Business Regulations | 189 Economies & Selected Cities Worldwide | How to Start a Business | Deal with Construction Permits | Register Property | Includes Tables of Data
- Early English Books Online (EEBO)
Fulltext | Digitized facsimile reproductions of Virtually Every Work Printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America | 1473-1700
- Early English Books Online (EEBO) Text Creation Partnership Open Access
Public domain downloadable text files of 25,000+ titles from EEBO. This is the public release of phase I of the EEBO TCP
- eAtlas of Global Development Open Access
Maps & Graphs | Thematically Organized | 175 World Bank Indicators | 200+ Countries | Visualize & Compare | Important Development Challenges
- EconData Open Access
Links to U.S. Regional Economic Data | Organized by Category
- Education Resources from the Florence Coles Ballenger Teachers Center Web Site Open Access
Categorized education resources of interest to students and faculty in the College of Education.
- Educational Testing Service Test Collection Open Access
20,000 tests | Other measurement devices | Early 1900s to the present
- Educational Theatre Association Open Access
- Eighteenth-Century Resources Open Access
Links to significant and reliable Internet resources that focus on the (very long) eighteenth century. Last updated 2006.
- Encyclopedia of Adulthood and Aging
Concise, accurate summaries of classic topics as well as the most recent thinking and research in new areas covering a broad range of issues, from biological and physiological changes in the body to changes in cognition, personality, and social roles to applied areas such as psychotherapy, long-term care, and end-of-life issues.
- Encyclopedia of Chicago Open Access
Historical information on Chicago
- Encyclopedia of Child Behavior and Development
Provides a comprehensive grounding in broadly based topics that cover the wide expanse of child behavior and development issues covering the major conceptual areas of child development: learning, behavior, and emotions.
- Encyclopedia of Child Behavior and Development - Speech Development
Defines and explores topics related to Speech Development & Disorders
- Encyclopedia of Crime and Punishment
Acknowledges the overlap of criminology and criminal justice with a number of disciplines such as sociology, psychology, epidemiology, history, economics, and public health, and law with entries organized around 12 core substantive areas of crime and punishment: international aspects, multi/interdisciplinary aspects, crime types, corrections, policing, law and justice, research methods, criminological theory, correlates of crime, organizations and institutions (U.S.), victimology, and special populations.
- Encyclopedia of Environmetrics
A comprehensive source of relevant fundamental concepts in environmetric research, development and applications for statisticians, mathematicians, economists, environmentalists, ecologist, government officials and policy makers.
- Encyclopedia of Global Human Migration
A complete exploration of the prominent themes, events, and theoretical underpinnings of the movements of human populations from prehistory to the present day, including thematic interpretations and theories of migration, significant contemporary scientific discoveries and scholarly interpretations.
- Encyclopedia of Health Communication
Comprehensive coverage of the theory, research, and applications of health communication.
- Encyclopedia of Mathematics Open Access
An open-access wiki geared towards graduate researchers in mathematics. The original articles are from the online Encyclopaedia of Mathematics, published by Kluwer Academic Publishers in 2002. Contains more than 8,000 entries, illuminating nearly 50,000 notions in mathematics.
- Encyclopedia of Public Relations
This work explores the evolution of the Public Relations field, with examples from history describing events, changing practices, and the key figures who developed and expanded the profession.
- Encyclopedia of Religion
Presents a cross-cultural approach that emphasizes religion's role within everyday life and as a unique experience from culture to culture.
- Encyclopedia of Religious Controversies in the United States
Historical and Contemporary Issues in American Religion | Controversies | Abortion | Intelligent Design | Scientology
- Encyclopedia of Social Media and Politics
This work explores how the rise of social media is altering politics both in the United States and in key moments, movement, and places around the world. Its scope encompasses the disruptive technologies and activities that are changing basic patterns in American politics.
- English Short-Title Catalog Open Access
The English Short-Title Catalog (ESTC) is designed to include a bibliographic record, with holdings, of every surviving copy of books, pamphlets and other ephemeral materials produced in Great Britain or any of its dependencies, in any language, worldwide, from 1473-1800.
- Essential Supreme Court Decisions
Summaries of leading cases in U.S. constitutional law
- European Association for Digital Humanities Open Access
Digital humanities methods & technology | European focus
- Facts on File Dictionary of Earth Science
Online Dictionary | Earth Science Terminology
- FDsys Open Access
Code of Federal Regulations | Compilation of Presidential Documents | Congressional Bills, Documents, Hearings, Reports | Congressional Record | Constitutional Analysis | Economic Indicators | Federal Register | Public and Private Laws | United States Code | United States Courts Opinions
- FedStats Open Access
U. S. Government Information | Access All Statistical Information | 100 Agencies | Topics A-Z
- Feminist Science Fiction, Fantasy & Utopia Open Access
Bibliographies related to feminist science fiction and fantasy literature; reading lists, author biographies, etc.
- Folktales and Fairy Tales: Traditions and Texts from around the World
Folktales and fairy tales from around the globe | History | Geography | Culture | Anthropology | Contemporary Topics | Fairy Tale in Manga | Television | Pop Music | Music Videos
- Fortune 500 Open Access
- FRED: Federal Reserve Economic Data Open Access
200,000 data series | 59 Regional, National, & International
- Fuel Economy Guide Open Access
U. S. Dept. of Energy information on fuel economy and using fuel efficient cars with side by side fuel economy data for new and used passenger vehicles dating back to 1984.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
Online Encyclopedia | General Topics
- FXConverter Open Access
Current Exchange Rate | 164 Currencies
- Gale Artemis Literary Sources
Topics: Literary Criticism for Authors and their Works | Cross-searchable with Children's Literature Review - Contemporary Authors - Dictionary of Literary Biography - Literature Criticism Online - Something About the Author | Great Sources of Information about the Lives of Authors and their Works
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL)
Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) is a database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- Genetics Home Reference Open Access
Genetic Conditions | Inheritance | Genetic Testing
- Get Educated.com : The Consumer's Guide to Online Colleges Open Access
Reliable source of information for online degrees.
- Glossary of International Economics Open Access
Terms & Concepts | International Economics | Includes International Trade & International Finance
- Glossary of Literary Theory Open Access
Definitions of terms related to literary theory.
- Grove Art Online
One of the most comprehensive online references for all aspects of the visual arts from prehistory to the present day. Oxford Art Online provides the access point for Grove Art Online. Please LOGOUT when you finish a session so another user may access the database.
- Grove Music Online
The most comprehensive reference for all aspects of music. Over 29,000 articles on music, musical instruments and musicians from the past and present. Oxford Music Online provides the access point for Grove Music. Please LOGOUT when you finish a session so another user may access the database.
- Health Reference Online (Omnigraphics)
Basic consumer health information on the causes, symptoms and treatments for a disease or disorder.
- Heaven, Hell, and the Afterlife: Eternity in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
Examination of historic and contemporary perspectives on eternity
- Historical Statistics of the United States
- IBDB: Internet Broadway Database Open Access
The official database for Broadway theatre information, from the beginnings of New York theatre until today.
- Illinois County Databook, 6th edition, 2002 Open Access
Major demographic, economic, and political statistics for each county in Illinois
- Illinois County Databook, 7th edition, 2013 Open Access
Major demographic, economic, and political statistics for each county in Illinois
- Illinois General Assembly Open Access
Current Information | Bill Status | Full Text of Current and Pending Legislation | Voting Records | Public Acts | Illinois Compiled Statutes | Illinois Constitution | Members & Committees | Transcripts for Senate & House | Legislative Reports and More
- Illinois School Code Open Access
Chapter 105 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes is known as the Illinois School Code. It is searchable, but to make your search meaningful, you may want to read the "search help page".
- Illinois.gov Open Access
Official State of Illinois Web Portal | Find State Agency Information by Topic and Agency | Programs | Services | Contact Information
- ILOSTAT Open Access
Statistics on labor issues from over 200 countries, such as unemployment, wages, hours of work, consumer price indices, and more. From the International Labour Organisation
- International Federation for Theatre Research Open Access
The International Federation for Theatre Research exists to promote collaboration and the exchange of information between individuals and organizations concerned with theatre research. To this end the Federation supports conferences and publications and assists its members in all such activities and projects.
- International Monetary Fund eLibrary Data Open Access
Data and Statistics | International Finance | Domestic Finance | Economics | International Payments | Inflation | Exchange Rates | Interest rates | Banking | Prices | Production
- Literature and Politics Today
This encyclopedia explores the relationship between literature and politics through entries on authors, historical figures, major literary and political works, national literatures, and literary movements. It covers specific themes, concepts, and genres related to literature and politics from the 20th century to the present.
- Literature Criticism Online
- MathWorld Open Access
An online encyclopedia of mathematics.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook indexed by Buros Test Reviews Online Open Access
Use the Buros Test Reviews Online free search site to identify test reviews in Mental Measurements Yearbooks located in the Reference Room Ref. Z5814.P8 R93
- Middle English Dictionary Open Access
Comprehensive Lexicon | 1100-1500
- MLA Directory of Periodicals
The MLA Directory of Periodicals offers detailed descriptions of over 5,500 journals. Entries include editorial contact information, publication frequency, circulation, subscription prices and submission guidelines.
- National Center for Education Statistics Open Access
U. S. Government Information | Statistics | Condition of Education | Digest of Education Statistics | High School Dropout & Completion Rates | Indicators of School Crime | Projections of Education Statistics
- National Center for Health Statistics Open Access
U. S. Government Information | Statistics | Births | Deaths | Health | Disease | Exercise & Lifestyle | Intimate Partner Violence | Child Abuse
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence Open Access
Statistics | Signs of Abuse | Links to Services for Victims
- NINES (Networked Infrastructure for Nineteenth-Century Electronic Scholarship) Open Access
A scholarly organization devoted to forging links between the material archive of the nineteenth century and the digital research environment of the twenty-first.
- Nineteenth Century in association with the British Library Open Access
Search an online catalogue of over 28,000 nineteenth-century works available on microfiche. It allows you to search the largest and most important collection of nineteenth-century works for research and teaching.
- NIST Chemistry WebBook Open Access
Standard Reference Data Program
- North American Industry Classifications (NAICS) Open Access
- NYPL Digital Collections Open Access
NYPL Digital Collections provides access to over 275,000 images digitized from primary sources and printed rarities in the collections of The New York Public Library, including illuminated manuscripts, historical maps, vintage posters, rare prints and photographs, illustrated books, printed ephemera, and more.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook Open Access
Profiles of hundreds of occupations that describe What They Do, Work Environment, How to Become One, Pay, and more.
- One Source Open Access
- Oxford English Dictionary
English Words | Meaning | History | Pronunciation | Quotations
- PEN American Center Open Access
Association of writers working to advance literature, defend free expression, and foster international literary fellowship.
- Performing Arts in America 1875-1923 Open Access
Captured in the then new techniques of photography, recorded sound, and film, the performing arts of the early twentieth century come alive as never before, preserved by The New York Public Library
- Periodic Table Live! Open Access
Explore a broad range of information about the elements, their reactions, their properties, their structures, and their histories.
- Pew Research Center for the People and Press Open Access
Access the Pew Center`s collection of public-opinion surveys and public policy documents.
- Pew Social Trends Open Access
Statistics | Facts | Trends
- Plunkett's e-commerce & Internet business almanac
- Plunkett's entertainment & media industry almanac
- Plunkett's games, apps & social media industry almanac
- Plunkett's retail industry almanac
- Poetry Society of America Open Access
Founded in 1910, the Poetry Society of America promotes the reading and writing of Poetry.
- Poetry Tool Open Access
Poems arranged by category, occasion, etc.
- Principles of Chemistry
Introduction to the fundamentals of chemistry, from elements and molecules to chemical reactions and properties of matter.
- Profile of Older Americans Open Access
U. S. Government Information | Key Statistics on Older Americans
- R2 Digital Library
Nursing | Radiation Medicine | Allied Health | Books
- Romantic Circles Open Access
Romantic-period literature and culture
- Routledge Handbook of Hospitality Studies
The most up-to-date and definitive resource on the subject; interdisciplinary in coverage, international in scope and designed to be a benchmark for any future assessment of the field and its development. The 'state-of-the-art' orientation of the book is achieved through a critical view of current debates and controversies in the field as well as future research issues and trends
- SAGE encyclopedia of cancer and society
General, non-technical resource focusing on cancer from the perspective of the social and behavioural sciences, exploring social and economic impacts, the "business" of cancer, advertising of drugs and treatment centres, how behaviour change could offer great potential for cancer prevention, environmental risks, food additives and regulation, the relation between race and ethnicity and cancer risk, socioeconomic status, controversies--both scientific and political--in cancer treatment and research, country-by-country entries on cancer around the world, and more.
- Sage Encyclopedia of Intercultural Competence
This encyclopedia explores what a culture is, what barriers block successful communication between different cultures, and how those barriers can be understood and navigated to enhance intercultural understanding.
- Sage Encyclopedia of Social Science Research Methods
Terminology | History | Applications | Implications of using a certain method
- Sage Handbook of Conflict Communication
Emphasizes constructive conflict management from a communication perspective, identifying the message as the focus of conflict research and practice.
- Sage Knowledge E-Reference Collection
Selected SAGE eBook and eReference content, including scholarly monographs, reference works, handbooks, series, professional development titles, and more.
- Salem Literature Online
Critical Survey of Long Fiction, 4th edition | Critical Survey of Graphic Novels | Critical Survey of Shakespeare's Sonnets | Magill`s Literary Annual | Selected Titles from the Critical Insights Series
- Salem Science Online
Contains: Encyclopedia of Environmental Issues & Encyclopedia of Global Issues
- Slave Narrative
Recent critical work on the literary genre known as the slave narrative.
- Springer eBooks: Reference Works Includes Peer Reviewed Content
Online Books and Book Chapters | Publication Dates from 2005-2017
- Statistical Abstract of the United States Open Access
Contains data from 1889-2011. The U.S. Census Bureau terminated the collection of data for the Statistical Compendia program effective October 1, 2011. The Statistical Compendia program is comprised of the Statistical Abstract of the United States and its supplemental products--the State and Metropolitan Area Data Book and the County and City Data Book. To access the most current data, please refer to the organizations cited in the source notes for each table of the Statistical Abstract.
- Statistics of Income & Tax Statistics Open Access
U. S. Government Information | Statistics | Tables, Articles & Data | U. S. Tax System
- Study Abroad Directory Open Access
Worldwide | Study Abroad Programs | Academic Programs | Overseas Universities | Language Schools
- Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC)
Access on-line practice tests for the NCLEX, MCAT, LSAT, PRAXIS, GRE, GMAT and other tests. Use test prep eBooks to study.
- The National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey Open Access
National and State-Level Data | Intimate Partner Violence | Sexual Violence | Stalking | Child Abuse | Elder Abuse
- Theatre Communications Group Open Access
Clearinghouse for theatre information including numerous directories, sourcebooks, periodicals, and grant program listings.
- Theatre Library Association Open Access
- TopoView Open Access
Historical topographic maps
- U. S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets Open Access
U.S. Department of State | Country Information | Geography | Key Officers List | History | Economy | Foreign Relations
- U. S. Bureau of Justice Statistics Open Access
United States Government Information | Statistics | Criminal Justice | Crime | Capital Punishment | Prisons | Domestic Violence
- U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Open Access
U. S. Government Information | Statistics | U. S. Economy at a Glance | Gross Domestic Product | Consumer Spending | Balance of Payments | GDP by State & Metropolitan Area | State & Local Area Personal Income
- U. S. Census Bureau Open Access
U. S. Government Information | Statistics | Population Clock | Health | Housing | Economic Indicators | Economic Census | Employment | Foreign & Domestic Trade
- U. S. Census Bureau Data Vizualization Gallery Open Access
Census Bureau visualizations that chart changes in demographics, housing, employment.
- U. S. Dept. of Labor Open Access
United States Government Information | Statistics | Employment | Occupations | Workforce | Wages | Disability Resources
- U. S. Energy Information Administration Open Access
U. S. Government Information | Statistics | Energy Consumption | Fossil Fuels | Natural Gas | Nuclear Power | Renewable Energy | Electricity
- U.S. Department of Education Open Access
Education Statistics | Grant Information | Policy | Publications
- USA.gov Open Access
U.S. Government`s Official Web Portal | Find Government Information by Topic and Agency | Programs | Services | Contact Information
- Victorian Web Open Access
Encyclopedic resource for all things Victorian.
- Voice of the Shuttle Open Access
- Wall Street Executive Library Open Access
- WIC Studies Open Access
U. S. Government Information | Statistics | Women, Infants & Children Nutrition Programs
- Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Family Studies
Comprehensive, interdisciplinary collection of the key concepts, trends, and processes relating to the study of families and family patterns throughout the world.
- Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Social and Political Movements
Historical and Modern Topics | Significant Social and Political Developments
- Word Spy Open Access
Website devoted to recently coined words and phrases, old words that are being used in new ways, and existing words that have enjoyed a recent renaissance.
- World Databank Open Access
Data and Statistics | World Development | Economics | Education | Gender | Health and Nutrition | International Finance | Population | Poverty | Debt | International Migration
- World Factbook Open Access
Countries Worldwide | Maps | Geography | People | Government | Economy | Communications | Transportation | Military | Transnational Issues
- WWW Virtual Library: Theater and Drama Open Access
World Theater Resources | Theater Images